The Coronavirus pandemic may last 18 months or longer

Discussion Of Everything Legal Is Good
TheButcher
Site Admin
Referrals: 1

Post by TheButcher » March 18th, 2020, 4:55 pm

The Coronavirus pandemic may last 18 months or longer according to this100 page plan published last Friday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-virus-plan ... 26012.html
The New York Times
U.S. Virus Plan Anticipates 18-Month Pandemic and Widespread Shortages
Peter Baker and Eileen Sullivan
The New York TimesMarch 18, 2020, 3:11 PM EDT

WASHINGTON — A federal government plan to combat the coronavirus warned policymakers last week that a pandemic “will last 18 months or longer” and could include “multiple waves,” resulting in widespread shortages that would strain consumers and the nation’s health care system.

The 100-page plan, dated Friday, the same day President Donald Trump declared a national emergency, laid out a grim prognosis for the spread of the virus and outlined a response that would activate agencies across the government and potentially employ special presidential powers to mobilize the private sector.

Among the “additional key federal decisions” listed among the options for Trump was invoking the Defense Production Act of 1950, a Korean War-era law that authorizes a president to take extraordinary action to force American industry to ramp up production of critical equipment and supplies such as ventilators, respirators and protective gear for health care workers.

“Shortages of products may occur, impacting health care, emergency services, and other elements of critical infrastructure,” the plan warned. “This includes potentially critical shortages of diagnostics, medical supplies (including PPE and pharmaceuticals), and staffing in some locations.” PPE refers to personal protective equipment.

The plan continued: “State and local governments, as well as critical infrastructure and communications channels, will be stressed and potentially less reliable. These stresses may also increase the challenges of getting updated messages and coordinating guidance to these jurisdictions directly.”

The plan, which was unclassified but marked “For Official Use Only // Not For Public Distribution or Release,” was shared with The New York Times as Trump escalated his efforts to curb the spread of the virus. After weeks of playing down the seriousness of the pandemic, saying it would miraculously disappear, Trump began shifting to a more sober tone during a news conference Friday announcing the national emergency.

Much of the plan is bureaucratic in nature, describing coordination among agencies and actions that in some cases have already been taken, like urging schools to close and large events to be canceled. But its discussion of the Defense Production Act came as lawmakers and others urged Trump to invoke its powers.

“While the administration’s response has so far lacked the urgency this crisis has called for, there are still steps you can take to mitigate the damage,” Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., wrote in a letter to Trump on Tuesday. “Invoking the powers vested in the DPA will enable the federal government to step up and take the type of aggressive steps needed in this time of uncertainty.”

Another letter sent last week by 57 House Democrats led by Rep. Andy Levin of Michigan made similar points: “During World War II, our country adapted to the demands of the time to produce mass quantities of bombers, tanks, and many smaller items needed to save democracy and freedom in the world. We know what the demands of this time are, and we must act now to meet these demands.”

Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I., said that Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper told him on Tuesday that the Pentagon would provide federal health workers with 5 million respirator masks and 2,000 specialized ventilators. “The American public is on wartime footing in terms of battling the spread of this disease, and the Pentagon has to be part of the effort to help protect the health and safety of the American people,” Reed said.

But Trump said on Tuesday that he was not ready to invoke the Defense Production Act. “We’re able to do that if we have to,” he told reporters. “Right now, we haven’t had to, but it’s certainly ready. If I want it, we can do it very quickly. We’ve studied it very closely over two weeks ago, actually. We’ll make that decision pretty quickly if we need it. We hope we don’t need it. It’s a big step.”

Passed in 1950 shortly after U.S. troops went to war defending South Korea against an invasion from North Korea, the Defense Production Act was based on powers used during World War II and authorized the president to require businesses to prioritize and accept contracts necessary for national defense.

Over the years, its scope has been expanded to include domestic preparedness and national emergencies. A president can make direct loans or loan guarantees and purchase commitments, subsidies or other incentives to influence industry to help in times of crisis.

Other key decisions outlined as options for the president include distributing medical supplies and equipment from the Strategic National Stockpile, providing money to states to help them meet demands caused by the coronavirus outbreak and prioritizing the distribution of essential resources to focus on areas most in need.

“The spread and severity of COVID-19 will be difficult to forecast and characterize,” the government plan said. It warned of “significant shortages for government, private sector, and individual U.S. consumers.”

This article originally appeared in The New York Times.

© 2020 The New York Times Company

aehageman

Post by aehageman » March 19th, 2020, 4:56 pm

First, I must say I feel for those that have lost people, are going to lose people or a going to be one of those people.
Second, compared to how we deal with other issues that cause death in our society, we are completely blowing this out of proportion. I hope after this issue has passed and the media moves on to something else, the rest of us find out what is causing the most death that has an easy fix. Like continuing to wash your hands to not spread the other virus that are spread from your filthy fingers.

Third, we are being told to stay home. Home is the dirtiest place to breath air and has the most germs, from what I have been told my entire life. Clean your home, what else do you have to do that is productive? Use a rag not a disposable anything.

Fourth, why is information about this issue being suppressed. Yes their is a cure/treatment for the Coronavirus, the flu and the common cold, that does not require you to go to pay big medical corporation or to pay the big pharma. Why do YOU know know what I am referring to???? It has been available since the 80's maybe earlier. For you people reading and going this virus has only been around a few months how could there be a treatment 40 years ago. Well person reading this, with out insulting your lack of thought power, IT IS A CORONAVIRUS! Human coronaviruses were first discovered in the late 1960s. Calling Covid-19 the Coronavirus is like calling a Cardinal a bird. Get it? If you do not know what a Cardinal is, look it up. It a red bird. When we see a red bird we don't say look at the bird, and certainly not look at the red bird. Unless it is one of our children and then we inform them of the prope rname. We say look at the cardinal. Unless it is a Robin, which has a redish breast.
There are currently 7 types of Coronaviruses. Covid-19 is number 7.
The point.
There are treatments for the Coronaviruses that have been tested on Covid-19 that work, but it seems only a few are sharing this information and certainly not the media. IN ANY COUNTRY!
These videos keep getting deleted so watch it quick.
https://youtu.be/xyCPljDsG2E

They hurt big government, big pharma etc. that is why they are removed. Do some research and you will agree.

Find somewhere promoting this treatment, let me know on this thread.

Get the word out.

It seems the name has is now SARS-CoV-2 according to Wikipedia.

aehageman

Post by aehageman » March 19th, 2020, 5:04 pm

and so you know I am doing my research
FYI< NOT JUST ON YOUTUBE!
This video says only that the hairdryer is a myth and does not work.

Do your research. If a dryer does in fact work, why is this information being repressed?
https://youtu.be/rr_qCjV5Dm0

When implemented properly, you would think that it does kill the virus.

I did not post either of these replies as a request for you to come repeat what someone else said or what the media says.

I posted this so you would do some research on viruses. Go to the library (when it is safe) read some books from years ago, that few people alive have read and that are not marketed online.
Find books that give easy and simple treatments that are NOT taught in University to our Doctors, because they do not allow for big corporations to profit.

We all know the media gets things wrong, most of think they lie and more and more are learning they create fake news to get more people to watch. Why would this be anything new?

aehageman

Post by aehageman » March 19th, 2020, 5:27 pm

https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/han ... sequence=1

Infection prevention and control of epidemic-and pandemic-prone acute respiratory infectionsiiWHO Library Cataloguing-in-Publication DataInfection prevention and control of epidemic-and pandemic-prone acute respiratory infections in health care

aehageman

Post by aehageman » March 19th, 2020, 5:30 pm

I have now searched site:who.int and have found NOTHING to confirm that the media source above GIST NIGERIA actually gathered their data from the WHO concerning hair dryers not killing viruses.

TheButcher
Site Admin

Post by TheButcher » March 19th, 2020, 6:02 pm

I found this when searching for temperature levels and the Coronavirus.

https://www.who.int/csr/sars/survival_2003_05_04/en/

The hair dryer video is false information. Don't believe it.

TheButcher
Site Admin

Post by TheButcher » March 19th, 2020, 6:10 pm

aehageman wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 5:04 pm
and so you know I am doing my research
FYI< NOT JUST ON YOUTUBE!
This video says only that the hairdryer is a myth and does not work.

Do your research. If a dryer does in fact work, why is this information being repressed?
https://youtu.be/rr_qCjV5Dm0

When implemented properly, you would think that it does kill the virus.

I did not post either of these replies as a request for you to come repeat what someone else said or what the media says.

I posted this so you would do some research on viruses. Go to the library (when it is safe) read some books from years ago, that few people alive have read and that are not marketed online.
Find books that give easy and simple treatments that are NOT taught in University to our Doctors, because they do not allow for big corporations to profit.

We all know the media gets things wrong, most of think they lie and more and more are learning they create fake news to get more people to watch. Why would this be anything new?

The video is unavailable for me. Was it playing when you s the link?

nlinks

Post by nlinks » March 19th, 2020, 7:38 pm

18 months can happen, there re 3 scenarios in this article. The 3rd one may start a second wave in the winter and that could drag this on to 18 or more months.

Yahoo Finance
Coronavirus: Infectious disease expert details 3 scenarios for the U.S.
Adriana BelmonteAssociate Editor
Yahoo FinanceMarch 19, 2020, 11:18 AM EDT

The COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread all over the world, with over 9,000 deaths reported and new cases appearing every day.

In the U.S., 155 people have died so far among over 9,400 confirmed cases. A major question that’s emerged is: How will the coronavirus play out in the U.S.? According to Maciek Boni, Penn State University infectious disease expert, it depends on which scenario the country finds itself in.

“One of them is the Chinese scenario, where we do put together social distancing, a measure that’s so extreme that we do manage to suppress it within a month,” Boni said on Yahoo Finance’s The First Trade. “But at that point, we’re not out of the woods yet and we don’t know what the endgame is, because when you lift those suppressive measures, the virus is able to come back.”
Over 9,000 people in the U.S. have confirmed cases of coronavirus. (Graphic: Yahoo Finance)
On Thursday, China reported no new coronavirus infections for the first time since the outbreak began. Critics, citing Beijing’s role in the initial spread of the virus, recommended caution on trusting Chinese government assertions. Supporters attributed the decline to the country’s draconian approach to containing the outbreak.

The New York Times has reported that in China, there have been roadblocks to seal off cities, public transit being shut down, and private cars banned from roads, along with Wuhan residents prohibited from leaving their homes. It’s unclear if the number of new coronavirus cases will stay low once these restrictions are lifted.
‘Probably 12 months of hardship for all of us’

In any case, the crisis will continue in the short term.

“Scenario two is if the virus is able to transmit successfully during the summer,” Boni explained, “then the current epidemic wave that we’re just at the beginning of — people are talking about this being over in a few weeks but it’s ... not almost over at all. So if the virus can transmit in the summer, we’re going to see an epidemic wave that lasts through the summer, possibly to the end of the summer.”

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), recently told NPR that “it’s not unreasonable to make the assumption” that cases will diminish once the weather gets warmer. But he did note that there is still too much unknown about this particular coronavirus, and no history to work off of.
More than 9,000 people have died from coronavirus around the world. (Graphic: David Foster/Yahoo FInance)

Then there is scenario three: if the virus cannot transmit successfully during the summer.

“We’ll see lower transmission in the summer, which would be really fortuitous for us, because it will give us time to prepare for the second wave that will come in the winter,” Boni said.

“It might start in October, November, when school gets back into session and when the winter turns down again,” he added. “And then we’d have a major epidemic wave the following winter. So it’s probably 12 months of hardship for all of us.”

Adriana is a reporter and editor for Yahoo Finance. She can be reached at adriana@yahoofinance.com. Follow her on Twitter @adrianambells.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/coro ... 36934.html

aehageman

Post by aehageman » March 23rd, 2020, 1:44 pm

TheButcher wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 6:02 pm
I found this when searching for temperature levels and the Coronavirus.

https://www.who.int/csr/sars/survival_2003_05_04/en/

The hair dryer video is false information. Don't believe it.
Not sure how you got that it does not work from this page. If anything your link confirms that Heat from a hair dryer (implemented as instructed) will kill the virus.

From that page.
"Heat at 56°C kills the SARS coronavirus at around 10000 units per 15 min (quick reduction)."

From a random Google search.

"The maximum temperature that a hairdryer can reach is between 40 and 50°c."

UNLESS you put your hand over the end and slow the air flow, then it heats way up! So Don't burn your face.
Which is what the instructions say to do. Put your hand over the back of the dryer to slow the air flow allowing the dryer to over heat.

This treatment has been approved for years for the Coronavirus and other similar viruses. Like I keep saying big pharma hides things like this from the public. Not just because they can not make money from it, but because stupid people will burn themselves.
Like the maroons taking bleach and alcohol baths.

The best treatment is a personal sauna. Heat kills viruses, this is why the human body runs high fever when you are sick. To kill the virus.

Please explain how I am wrong, I certainly do not want to be spreading false information.

aehageman

Post by aehageman » March 23rd, 2020, 2:02 pm

I also need to remind you of the terminology being used here.
Calling this virus the Coronavirus is like calling a Cardinal a bird. replace Cardinal with any specific bird name that you are aware of.

The virus is SARS-CoV-2. The disease it MIGHT cause is COVID-19.

People calling it the Coronavirus should be almost completely ignored. Especially the media. Or you can assume they are speaking at 3rd grade level for more people to be able to stay in the conversation. At some point in time, we as a society need to expect more from everyone and start pulling the uneducated up the education ladder, by using terminology correctly/ accurately. ( Yes I know I fail miserably with this all the time.)

What is coronavirus? Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that range from the common cold to MERS coronavirus, which is Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus and SARs, Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus.

Official names have been announced for the virus responsible for COVID-19 (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”) and the disease it causes. The official names are:

Disease
coronavirus disease
(COVID-19)

Virus

severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
(SARS-CoV-2)

High heat above 56 Celsius kills the Virus. Not the virus in you, but the virus on you. Which is why we wash our hands, to kill the virus before it gets in your nose or mouth.
Are we to do NOTHING after it gets into our nose? I think not.
Implemented correctly heat will kill the virus in your nasal cavity. Thus a sauna or hair dryer.
Kinda like killing the bugs you can reach, so they stop shitting in your lungs.

References;
https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... -causes-it
https://www.who.int/docs/default-source ... =a6b21ac_2